This guide describes on a high level the stages, which a POS Creator should achieve, to ensure a successful completion of the journey, from the integration of the fiskaltrust.Middleware into the POS System, to a phase of pilot installations.
The success of this journey can be achieved through the completion of the following stages:
Before proceeding with this guide, you may consider getting familiar with the content of the following useful resources:
- POS Creator technical onboarding presentation
- POS Creator fiskaltrust.Middleware Webinar Recording on YouTube
Note: you can find more useful resources in the Further sources of information section at the end of this document.
The fiskaltrust.Portal is a web application which offers features required to easily manage the functions necessary for the configuration and operation of your POS Systems. The fiskaltrust.Portal is accessible via common Internet browsers, however, if your browser does not display some content correctly, or features are not available or not behaving as expected, try using the current version of Google Chrome.
There are 2 instances of fiskaltrust.Portal:
- In order to receive the free support from fiskaltrust you must register in our live portal.
- No tests should be performed on the Live portal!
- The sandbox registration is needed for conducting all test activities and does not qualify for support!
The registration steps on both, the sandbox and the live portal, are identical. Simply complete the registration form, confirm your email, and sign the cooperation agreement.
As soon as you have registered in the portal, a form for selecting your role will be displayed. Select the option "POSCreator" and sign our cooperation agreement by entering your name in the input field. If you are also a POS dealer, please select that role as well.
By registering in the live portal and digitally signing our cooperation agreement, you are now entitled to access our free support for setup questions and onboarding. You can reach our Support Team at email@example.com.
There are several steps which must be followed to successfully integrate your solution with fiskaltrust.Middleware. Those steps include the CashBox Configuration, using the Middleware Launcher, and testing of the communication. Please check our fiskaltrust.Middleware document for detailed information about this process.
Once you were able to test the integration and successfully establish a communication with the fiskaltrust.Middleware by sending simple requests and receiving correct expected responses, you are now ready to start engaging your POS Dealers into discussion about the details of the specific implementation of your POS System, and agree on the suitable rollout scenarios.
It is important to involve you POS Dealers as early as possible, because they have to perform the following steps, among others, before they can roullout the fiskaltrust.Middleware to the POS Operators:
- Register in the fisklatrtust.Portal and there digitally sign a cooperation agreement with fiskaltrust.
- Depending on the circumstances, request and sign framework agreements for the purchase of products with fiskaltrust.
- Invite the POS Operators to the portal so that they can sign the usage agreement for the fiskaltrust.Middleware.
- Request access rights to the POS Operator's portal account so that the POS Dealer can redeem and activate the product entitlements purchased from fiskaltrust
- Request access rights to the POS Operator's portal account so that the POS Dealer can configure the fiskaltrust.Middleware instance to be installed on behalf of the operator.
- For the correct DSFInV-K export the information of the POS System needs to be connected by the POS Dealer with the master data of the POS Operator.
- Technical planning and preparation for rollout together with the POS Creator.
These steps can be very time consuming. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you inform your POS Dealers as early as possible and especially invite them to register in the fiskaltrust.Portal.
To assist you with the invitation of the POS Dealers, we have automated the invitation process in our fiskaltrust.Portal. Simply navigate to
PosSystems and click on
Add. Next, provide the
Type for your POS System, select its
Cash Register Type, and save the data. Once the POS System has been created, find it on the list of available POS Systems and click the
PosDealer button, which will open the list of connected Pos Dealers. Next, click
Add, provide the email of the POS Dealer whom you'd wish to invite, and click
Search fiskaltrust.Portal you will have the option to assign that company to your POS System. If no data of that POS Dealer has been found in the system,you will be presented with the
Company Registration Form. Completing the form will result in an invitation email sent to the POS Dealer. Such email will contain a link allowing to complete the registration process within the fiskaltrust.Portal.
As the approach to the rollout highly depends on the implementation, the components, and the capabilities of your POS System, you should select the appropriate rollout scenario and discuss it with your POS Dealers, to ensure their sufficient levels of knowledge and understanding required for the successful execution of the rollout process.
The rollout has 2 separate areas, sales and technical, which both have been covered by the rollout presentations from our documentation portal.
The technical stage requires a close collaboration of the technical experts from both sides: yours and the POS Dealer's. You will discuss the details of the implementation, agree on the approach for rollout automation and templating, and select the best strategy for the rollout based on the appropriate rollout scenario. We have documented examples of different rollout scenarios in our documentation portal.
You should help the POS Dealer to automate the rollout process as much as possible for example by preparing a configuration
Template and discussing its details with the POS Dealer. A
Template, which can be added in the fiskaltrust.Portal or executed via API, contains the details of a pre-configured CashBox with all its components. It is used to automatically create similar CashBoxes for the POS Operators. Such templates can be used among other fiskaltrust tools and features to automate, and therefore to significantly speed-up the rollout process. You can find the details of the automation options and templating in our documentation portal.
Each industry may have several specific and complex business cases which require a special handling in terms of requests sent to the fiskaltrust.Middleware. If you require assistance establishing the proper handling of such complex business cases in the implementation of your POS System, please write us an email to our POS Creator support mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our experts will be happy to assist you.
Once the rollout strategy has been selected and the approach to automation of the rollout (e.g. templating) has been agreed, it's time for you and the POS Dealer to test it with selected POS Operator(s). Such pilot installation(s) should provide you with sufficient feedback, to allow early identification of problems and their possible resolutions, before handing over to the POS Dealer for mass rollout to multiple POS Operators.
Once all previous stages have been completed, all preparations are done, the communication with fiskaltrust.Middleware works, the rollout strategy has been agreed, and the pilot installation(s) have been successfully executed, you are now ready to handover for rollout to your POS Dealers. The goal of this stage is about reaching an agreement with the POS Dealers that they are ready to start the rollout to the POS Operators.
- German fiskaltrust website: https://fiskaltrust.de
- fiskaltrust documentation portal: https://docs.fiskaltrust.cloud
- FAQ: fiskaltrust docs - faq and Github faq repo for creating issues (questions).
- fiskaltrust gihub repos: https://github.com/fiskaltrust
- fiskaltrust videos: Youtube Channel
- POS Creator technical onboarding presentation
- POS Creator fiskaltrust.Middleware Webinar Recording on fiskaltrust YouTube Channel